In this post about home-remedies for dry scalp I will be writing about at least 22 natural ways to eradicate a dry scalp. If your hair is wild and your scalp is disposed to itching, it could be because you have a dry scalp. Dry scalp is, in fact, a foremost danger to your hair if left untreated. This is because a dry scalp causes itchiness and numerous other complications.
What Causes Dry Scalp?
One of the main causes of a dry scalp is the widespread use of chemical merchandises like harsh hair dyes, shampoos and conditioners. Also constantly blow drying your hair can take a toll on your scalp. Constantly blow drying your hair strips it of its normal moistness and leads to its dryness. Similarly, extensive contact to harsh climatic settings, for e.g. deskbound in an air conditioned office. Also, occupied for lengthy hours in the sun, too, can harm your hair and cause dryness of the scalp.
Other causes of itching scalp are sebaceous cysts, stress, fungal problems, etc. Also persons who style their hair too much are also disposed to to a dry scalp. It is also supposed that a diet wanting in significant nutrients can cause dryness of the scalp.
The symptoms and indications of a dry scalp are:
- flaky scalp
If you don’t want to buy supermarket products to eradicate a flaky and itchy scalp just make your own natural home-remedies for a dry scalp. Many people believe that home-remedies for dry scalp are much better for your hair and scalp then the supermarket products that are available.
Below are 22 natural home-remedies for dry scalp.
1. Tea Tree Oil
The above oil can be used to treat itchy scalp. Tea Tree Oil has potent natural antifungal, anti-inflammation and antibacterial assets. Below are some
Tea tree oil recipes for eradicating an itchy scalp:
- Put 10 to 20 droplets of tea tree oil to one-half cup of very mild shampoo and use it every day till your dry scalp condition gets better.
- An alternative choice is to thin down 2 or 3 droplets of it in one tablespoon of virgin olive oil. Then rub the concoction onto your scalp. Hey presto, with consistent use, this mixture will rectify a dry, itchy scalp inside a week or 2.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice will aid in treating an itchy and dry scalp. This is because lemon juice has antibacterial assets. Lemon juice is mainly valuable when dealing with dandruff.
Below are some lemon juice recipes for eradicating an itchy scalp:
- You can basically put fresh lemon juice carefully on the scalp. Let it stand for 5 minutes and then shampoo your crowning glory. Remember, if you do not have dandruff, water down the lemon juice before applying it to your hair.
- Or you can combine lemon juice with yogurt and smear it on your scalp for a couple of minutes. Then wash your hair with a gentle shampoo. Use this recipe on your scalp till the irritation and parchedness vanishes.
Please note: Remember that lemon ought not to be used on damaged and irritated skin as it might cause a stinging feeling. It might even occasionally even exacerbate the irritated skin problem.
3. Baking Soda
An additional and freely obtainable item that can get rid of an itchy scalp is baking soda. Baking soda aids in relieving itching by scrubbing the scalp with a gritty substance and monitoring dandruff caused by too much fungi.
Below are some baking soda recipes for eradicating an itchy scalp:
- Create a cream with baking soda and water and smear it straight on top of your scalp.
- Alternatively, smear some olive oil on your scalp afore putting the baking soda cream on. Permit it to immerse into your scalp for 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse well with tepid water.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has potent anti-inflammation assets that aid in killing yeast and virus that can cause itchy scalp. Likewise, apple cider vinegar balances the pH levels of the scalp, which might aid in relieving itching and dryness.
Below is an apple cider vinegar recipe for eradicating an itchy scalp:
- Wash your hair and scalp with tepid water and permit it to dry. Then blend equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and water. Then decant the concoction into a spray bottle. Then spray the concoction on your scalp. Wait a few minutes, shampoo with tepid water. You should use this concoction once or 2 times a week.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera consists of creaming assets, which might get rid of extreme dryness and itching of the scalp. If fresh Aloe Vera is not obtainable, you can buy the gel.
Below is an Aloe Vera recipe for eradicating an itchy scalp:
- Smear some fresh Aloe Vera or Aloe Vera gel onto your scalp. Massage it into your scalp using the finger tips. Permit it to stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash your hair with a gentle shampoo.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil produces a blockade that aids retain an oiled and nourished skin. This in turn is an effective way to treat an itchy scalp.
Below are some coconut oil recipes for stamping out an itchy scalp:
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil onto the scalp after washing your hair. Permit it to stand for at least half an hour. Then rinse it out with a scentless shampoo. Use this concoction on your scalp 3 times a week.
- Alternatively, slightly warm up some coconut oil so that it dissolves. Then add it to your shampoo afore washing your hair.
The tasty banana, you might like to know, is a great fruit for eradicating an itchy scalp. The banana will treat your itchy scalp and also condition your hair. The nutritious and moisturizing assets in bananas will also decrease flakes, dandruff and soreness.
Below is a Banana recipe for eradicating an itchy scalp:
- Merely pulverize two bananas and blend them together. Then add and blend one ripe avocado to the bananas. Then smear this concoction onto your scalp. Permit it to stand for half an hour and then wash carefully with a mild shampoo.
9. Sesame Seed Oil
The above oil is an extremely nutritious, remedial and oiling. It makes it an effective treatment for a dry scalp and gives you respite from irritation.
Below is a sesame seed oil recipe for eradicating an itchy scalp:
- Warm up some sesame oil to. Rub your scalp with the warm oil before retiring to bed every night.
- Alternatively, gently rub the scalp with your fingertips for at least 10 minutes. Then cover your head in a warm bath towel and allow it on for approximately 10 minutes before retiring to bed each night. As this oil is left on the scalp all night, it offers the best moisturizing treatment. Then after waking up shampoo and rinse your scalp and hair carefully. Carry on this treatment as long as needed.
10. Witch Hazel
Witch Hazel is a natural acerbic lotion that can aid in relieving an itchy scalp. It is helpful when you have an itchy scalp owing to excessive hair dyeing and everyday blow drying.
Below is a Witch Hazel recipe for eradicating an itchy scalp:
- Combine one portion witch hazel with two portions water. Decant the concoction onto your scalp and carefully massage in. Permit it to stand for a couple of minutes. Then wash, rinse your hair and scalp carefully.
11. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is a wonderful natural soothing curative to get rid of dry and itchy scalp. The molecular construction of jojoba oil is the nearest to that of our own natural oil or sebum. Thus, making Jojoba oil a really effective revitalizing and hydrating curative.
Below is a Jojoba oil recipe for eradicating an itchy scalp:
- Rub a minute quantity of jojoba oil onto your scalp for a couple of minutes before retiring to bed. Permit it to stand overnight. Next day wash your hair with a gentle shampoo.
Aspirin comprises of the similar dynamic component (salicylic acid) as countless antiseptic dandruff shampoos.
Below is an aspirin recipe for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- Crush 2 aspirins to fine particles. Then add it to the usual quantity of your favourite shampoo you use every you wash your hair. Allow the concoction on your hair for 1-2 minutes, then rinse well. Repeat the wash again with a gentle
Mouthwash has anti-bacterial properties that helps eradicate a dry itchy scalp.
Below is a mouthwash recipe for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- After washing your hair with your favourite shampoo. Then rinse the shampoo off with an anti-fungal mouthwash. Then use your regular hair conditioner.
Avocados are full of minerals, vitamins and natural oils which aid to treat the dryness problem of your scalp and hair. The avocado also makes your hair soft, silky and moisturized after conditioning with it.
Below is an avocado recipe for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- Put one soft avocado, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a teaspoon of honey together. Blend all the ingredients together thoroughly. Smear the mixture onto your dry hair and cover your head with a shower cap for at least 30 minutes. Lastly rinse your hair with tepid water Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
15. Honey with Olive Oil
How does honey and olive oil act as an anti-dry scalp treatment? Well first, the honey performs as an anti-inflammatory and anti-viral which is effective in treating this dry scalp. The olive oil when blended with honey will give a “Magnificent” outcome of averting this dry scalp annoyance and makes your hair healthier.
Below are honey and olive oil recipes for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- Put 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil in a pan and warm it up. Then combine 2 teaspoons of honey in it. Smear this concoction on your scalp and gently rub it in with your fingertips. Allow it to stand for approximately 10 minutes so that the concoction will be soaked in your hair and scalp Then wash it off with a mild shampoo. Next use a warm towel to shield your scalp. The warm towel helps to hold the moisturizer in very successfully.
- Alternatively, put 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of unadulterated vegetable glycerin and 2 tablespoons of unadulterated Combine all the ingredients together. Then shampoo your hair and put the above concoction on your hair and us as a conditioner.
- Or else you can blend honey with the above ingredients as 1 portion of honey with 2 portions of conditioner. Blend the ingredients together and use the concoction as a conditioner after shampooing your hair. Recap this procedure frequently to eradicate the dry scalp
The eggs and oil that make mayonnaise give it nourishing properties. Mayonnaise also comprises of vinegar which aids to sterilize the germs or fungus causing itching and dryness.
Below is a mayonnaise recipe for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- Put 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and smear it on your dry scalp. Gently rub your scalp and root area methodically with your fingertips. Then shield your hair with a shower cap. Allow it to stand for approximately 15 – 20 minutes. Then wash it off wholly with warm water. Then apply shampoo to your hair and wash as usual.
17. Beer and Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment
Beer performs as an excellent conditioner and aids your hair to eradicate dryness and in so doing dry scalp.
Below are beer recipes for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- Put 2 cups of beer and blend it with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Smear this concoction onto your hair after Reprise the same procedure until the problem has gone.
- Alternatively, decant a dark beer in eight ounce bottle. Then put in a few droplets of jojoba oil and shake it well. Then put this mixture onto your hair and allow it to sit for approximately 15 minutes. Then rinse it off with tepid Then shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo.
18. Lemon Juice with Honey
Lemon juice when combined with honey will definitely make the most of its benefits of treating the dry scalp problem.
Below is a lemon juice and honey recipes for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- Squeeze a fresh lemon to get the juice. Then add honey into it and blend it well. Rub the concoction lightly into your scalp with your fingertips for roughly 5 minutes. Then use your favourite mild shampoo and rinse of with tepid
19. Lemon Juice with Coconut Oil
Together lemon juice and coconut oil will work well in averting a dry scalp and in so doing the nasty dandruff problem.
Below are lemon juice and Coconut recipes for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- Put a cup of coconut oil in a pan and warm it up. Blend a couple of droplets of lemon juice into the oil. Smear this on your scalp and allow it to sit for about one hour. Cover your hair with a heated towel so that the mixture will soak well in your scalp. Then shampoo your hair as usual.
- Or else you can use lemon juice by combing it with essential oils like virgin oil, rosemary oil etc. and use in the same way.
20. Lemon and Coconut Oil with Fuller’s earth
Fuller’s earth aids to moisture your hair naturally. Combine fuller’s earth with lemon juice and coconut oil it works even better to stop dryness of the scalp.
Below are a lemon juice, Coconut oil and Fuller’s Earth recipe for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- Put a teaspoon of lemon juice and coconut oil. Thoroughly whisk the mixture with a cup of fuller’s earth to make a fine cream. Then smear this cream onto your scalp and hair. Permit it to stand for at least an hour. Then wash your hair with water and shampoo. Use the concoction as many times as it takes to stop the problem.
21. Hot Oil Rub
A hot oil rub is a great way of eradicating a dry scalp. This is because a dry scalp is caused by the lack of sebum being released from the sebaceous glands. A hot oil rub treatment once a week will cleanse your hair and eradicate your dry scalp problem.
Below is a hot oil rub recipe for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- Put a half cup of oil and warm it either in a microwave or a stove for about 20 – 30 seconds. Remove it from the heat and allow it to stand 5 seconds. Remember to make sure that the oil is not too hot before smearing onto your hair. Smear the oil to your hair between the parts in your hair which aids the oil to soak meticulously. After soaking of oil on your scalp, use your fingertips to gently rub your hair and scalp. Allow it to stand for about 15 – 30 minutes. End the procedure by washing and conditioning your hair.
22. Coconut Oil, Grapefruit and Lemon Juice
Coconut Oil, Grapefruit and Lemon Juice will assist to eradicate dry scalp as well as dandruff.
Below is a coconut oil, grapefruit and lemon juice recipe for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- Put the wanted quantity of organic coconut oil and heat it up for couple of Allow it to cool down for few minutes at room temperature. Blend a few grapefruits to get the juice. Blend a fresh lemon to get the juice from it. Combine the juices together and take 2 tablespoons of this juice. Combine these 2 spoons of juice in coconut oil and thoroughly mix. Gently rub the concoction on your scalp. Then cover your head with a warm towel. Permit it to stand for approximately 15 minutes. Then shampoo your hair as usual. Recap the procedure until the problem has gone.
22. Sugar Scalp Scrub to eradicate itchy head
Every time you scratch your scalp, the additional skin cells will shed. To evade that problem, you can smear a sugar scrub on your scalp.
Below is a sugar scrub recipe for eliminating an itchy scalp:
- Put 5 tablespoons of large brown sugar crystals in a dish. Then add either olive oil or any of your preferred oils into it. Ensure it becomes like a cream by stirring it Apply the cream onto your scalp. Massage it lightly into your scalp in a circular movement. Then shampoo your hair and use a conditioner. Repeat the process until the problem has gone.
Guidelines to Stop Dry Scalp
Act on the below guidelines to eradicate dry scalp and prevent it from forming in the future.
1. The best shampoo and conditioner to use to prevent dry scalp is to us one that has no sodium lauryl sulfate in it. Sodium lauryl sulfate is very damaging to your hair and scalp.
2. Always us a shampoo or conditioner that suits your hair type. Also the shampoo and conditioner ought to comprise of tea tree oil as the chief component.
3. Massage your scalp on a regular basis with vitamin b and e oil or lavender oil to boost the blood flow and averts scalp dryness.
4. You can also gently rub your scalp for at least 2 minutes daily with your finger-tips. Daily massaging your scalp will aid to improve the blood flow which in turn aids to encourage the hair follicles to create and discharge the scalp’s oil, sebum.
5. Also you can use almond oil to rub into your scalp. The oil moistures the scalp and prevents it from becoming dry.
6. Baking soda can be used as a conditioner. Just add some water to it and mix it into a fine paste.
the don’t s:
7. Excessively shaping your hair, i.e. using heated curlers, straighteners, etc. will also cause dry scalp because the heat will dry up your hair. Thus, leaving your hair and scalp dry and unmanageable. Only style your hair when you need to.
8. Another hair and scalp damager is the blow dryer. Over us of the blow dryer can take away your hair’s moisture, thus, leaving it dry.
9. Never put chemical ingredients onto your hair. At all times use naturel based produces on your hair.
The Best Diet Strategy to prevent dry scalp
A well balanced diet will also aid your hair to grow more durable and healthier:
- Proteins are what hair is made of and so it needs proteins to keep it healthy and manageable. Therefore, you have to take the essential proteins in your diet like from vegetables, fruits, eggs, whole grains etc. to eradicate the dry scalp
- Omega-3 s is found in cell membranes in the skin of the scalp which aids to hydrate both scalp and hair. Therefore eat food that is abundant in omega – 3 fatty acids like salmon, walnuts, flaxseeds, spinach etc.
- Consume nourishment which is abundant in Vitamin B and C that aids keep moisture levels in your hair.
- Take in nourishments that are rich in zinc and iron to aid eradicate an itchy and dry scalp.
- The consumption of caffeine and alcohol should lowered or if conceivable shun them altogether to help eradicate a dry and itchy scalp.
- Consume nourishment that comprises of vitamin E in your diet, e. almonds, sunflower seeds, blueberries, tomatoes etc. because these foods stops your from drying up.
DISCLAIMER ON COMMENTS & ADVICE GIVEN
Please note that the above information is designed to provide general information and research only and should not be considered as medical advice. It is provided with the understanding that the author is not engaged in rendering any medical or professional services in the information provided above. The information provided should not be used as a substitute for professional services. The author of this information is neither a health practitioner nor a legal counsellor and makes no claim in this regard. In the event that you use this information for your own health, you are prescribing for yourself, for which the author of this information assumes no responsibility.
Always consult a doctor before using honey as a treatment.