Finding a cheap treadmill can be challenging especially if you have a family and on a budget.
So how do you go about finding the best affordable treadmills for your own use or for the whole family to use?
Remember, though, price will probably be on the top of your mind when going out to buy the best affordable treadmill: it shouldn’t be the only thing that you should consider. Warranties, available workout plans and entertainment features should also come into consideration when making a decision to buy.
Also, you should really think about what type of workout you plan to use your treadmill for. Because this could add some more considerations to your treadmill buying list: for instance, runners need a machine that is much more durable and powerful than walkers do, so do large people.
It might be hard to find all the contraptions that you want in a budget treadmill, but if you keep in mind the most essential features then you can find a basic treadmill that serves your needs at a price that is right for you.
The Top Picks for the Best Affordable Treadmills
NordicTrack treadmills are about the most cutting-edge machines in the industry. Because all of their machines come with great warranties and powerful motors: which means you won’t need to think about these factors to much while trying to come to a decision.
- You can stay in charge of your exercise session with a seven inch web-enabled touchscreen. So you can quickly see your time, speed, distance, heart rate and calories burned, on the large display.
- The machine comes with thirty two preloaded workouts devised by certified personal trainers. You can choose from heart, calorie rate control, incline, and also speed workout programs.You can even add iFit and link your workout to Google Maps for an authentic outdoor simulation. If that is not enough then you can just look at videos, etc, while you workout.
- The deck is cushioned for less strain on your joints and more comfort.
- Motor: The NordicTrack C 990 treadmill comes with a powerful 3.0 CHP MOTOR which is designed for rigorous training programs.
- The drive system provides smooth, stable and quiet power.
- Deck: It has a large 20 x 60-inch tread belt so you can lengthen your stride. It moves and grips with you for a relaxing, natural run or walk.
- Speed: 0 – 12 MPH - You can go from walking to jogging to running because the C990 treadmill adjusts to all workout having speeds up to 12 mph. You can adjust the speed just by a touch of a button.
- Weight Capacity: Can take up to 300 Pounds maximum.
- Warranty:This treadmill comes guaranteed with a lifetime motor and frame & warranty, a three year parts warranty, and a one year labour warranty.
The Horizon Fitness T101-4 was regarded, in its category, as the best “Value Buy” for walking by the Treadmill Doctor and by the Good House Keeping Institute.
- Thirty program selections: including ten step-goal workouts, manual workouts, ten distance-based workouts, three intervals workouts and six calorie-goal workouts.
- It has heart rate pulse grip monitoring.
- Speakers (Sonic Surround) with MP3 Compatibility.
- Comes with a fan that will keep you cool while working out.
- Cushioned deck: for less strain on your hips, knees, ankles and feet.
- Motor:Continuous duty 2.25 CHP motor that runs quietly and smoothly.
- Deck: The 20-by-55-inch walking belt is adequate for most users, but if you are tall you could find that it may be too short for your stride.
- Speed: It has a maximum speed of 10 mph.
- Treadmill experts agree that the Horizon T101-4 is perhaps better for walking or mild jogging than running on. The users that are the most satisfied are the ones that use it for rapid walking or mild jogging. Large men say it’s fairly loud and wobbly when they try running on it at about 8 to 9 miles per hour. But small women find it ideal for running.
- Weight Capacity: Can take up to 300 Pounds maximum.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, 2 years on parts and 1 year on labour.
This treadmill has the right balance of convenience, durability and style. It offers all the comfort and features you may want to workout comfortably in your own home.
- The controls are located on the handlebars which allows you to easily adjust the incliner and speed.You can keep an eye on your workout progress with the six inch blue backlit LCD display. Has thirteen workout programs.
- Motor: Has a powerful and quiet 3.0 HP - continuous duty motor.
- Deck: The deck area is 20″ x 60″ for walking, jogging or running. The deck is cushioned which will reduce impact and so lessen the strain on your joints.
- Speed: It can go up to twelve mph.
- Weight Capacity: Can take up to 350 lbs.
- Warranty: Lifetime motor and frame five years deck two years parts one year in-home labour.
A great low priced treadmill. This is a well built, solid home workout machine that offers all the essentials for a great cardio-workout.
- Foldable: comes with a folding device and also a soft drop system that will aid you to unfold the machine safely.
- You will really be able to burn those unwanted calories on this machine because it offers three levels of incline which will allow you to regulate your intensity. Stop and go controls on hand rail which will also let you control how fast you go.
- Console Display Highlights; distance, speed, heart rate, calories and time.Heart rate; Distance; Speed; Time; and CaloriesTablet/smart phone holder.
- Large LCD display.Nine Built-in workout programs.
- Motor: It has a 2.20 HP motor that gives a quiet and smooth running experience. This 2.20 HP motor lets you run up to 9 mph with a fine 0.1 mph incremental adjustments. Use the console or the controls on the hand grips to vary your speed.
- Deck: The deck area is 15.75″ x 48.8″ and is great for brisk walking or light jogging. Great for anyone that is medium height or below.Speed: It can reach a speed of 9MPH.
- Weight Capacity: Can take up to 220 lbs.
This treadmill is a great choice if you are looking for a decent entry level machine. The company that owns a Horizon Fitness also owns Merit: well known for constructing great Treadmills at a very reasonable price.
- Two window LED display marks your calories, speed, time, distance and more.
- Console controls with adaptable speed from zero to ten mph.
- There are built in sensors in the handlebars that can detect your pulse rate. The information is transferred to the console which will enable you to a just your speed and keep your heart rate constant.
- Motor:2.25 Hp.
- Deck: Eighteen by forty-five inch workout deck: fitted with Aerosoft Plus cushioning system. Which will lessen the impact that running has on the joints. The deck can also be power raised to ten degrees which will add a lot more to the workout.
- Speed: Goes up to ten MPH.
- Weight: Weight capacity up to 250 lbs.
- Warranty: Two warranty on the motor is two years and a lifetime one on the frame.
After leaving school or university: work then takes over the greater part of most people’s lives. long hours at work, not to mention travelling to and from work, makes it harder and harder for people to put some time a side to exercise and get fit. A few people will buy a yearly membership to a health club or a gym. But for many, these memberships can be difficult to keep up because of lack of time, tiredness or even because of social anxiety etc.
Consequently, that is why exercising at home with a treadmill has become so popular. Not only is it convenient for its user or users, but also eliminates the anxiety of exercising in front of other people: that some individuals have. Also, home exercising machines provide stay at home parents with a great way to exercise and keep an eye on their children As well. Good Luck!
Product Images Sourced by Amazon.com